* Member at Large
* Fundraising Committee Chair
** Deadline: July 31st, 2020
St. Michael’s Printshop (SMP) is currently seeking board members to serve a two or three year volunteer term (renewable) who will bring dedication, energy, and experience to the organization. We are seeking folks with a broad range of knowledge and skills, including accounting, fundraising and development, human resources, communications and marketing, and who have a strong interest in printmaking practices. We especially welcome applications from artists at all stages of their careers, writers, curators, cultural workers and those with previous board experience. We would also love to have more representation from the wider community not involved in the arts sector but that have an interest in supporting the arts. Knowing about printmaking is not necessary, rather an excitement for print and arts in general as well as a willingness to learn about all things print, art and community!
SMP values diversity and inclusivity in our communities. We highly encourage applications from visible minority group members, Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, persons of minority sexual orientations and gender identities and others with the skills and knowledge to productively engage with diverse communities. We invite you to make a note of that in your application if you would like to.
We are looking for a member to be on the nominating committee. Please let us now if you’re interested!
For more info keep reading or contact:
* An interest in printmaking, visual art, and commitment to the work of the organization.
* Willingness to serve on committees.
* Attendance at monthly board meetings and committee meetings.
* Support of, and participation in, SMP activities (fundraising, programming activities, etc.).
* Ability to contribute specific skills and attributes in one or more areas of board governance.
* Help SMP staff with keeping full and accurate accounts of all assets, liabilities, receipts and disbursements of the Printshop.
* Meet with the executive director on a monthly basis to ensure financials are in order .
* Gain a full understanding of SMP’s finances and give financial reports at board meetings and provide a statement of the financial position of SMP at Annual General Meetings or Special General Meetings.
* Attend all meetings of the Board of Directors and act as clerk thereof and record all votes and minutes of all proceedings in the books to be kept for that purpose.
* Give or cause to be given notices of all meetings of the Board of Directors.
* Be custodian of the seal of the Printshop, should the Printshop adopt one, which seal shall be delivered only as authorized by the resolution of the Board of Directors and only to such person or persons as may be named in the resolution; and..
* Perform other such duties as may from time to time be directed by the Board of Directors.
MEMBER AT LARGE:
* The Member at Large is an active member of the printshop who joins the board to help govern SMP.
* They will chair at least one committee.
FUNDRAISING COMMITTEE CHAIR:
* The fundraising committee chair will work closely with the board, ED and committee to raise funds for SMP.
* Part of this involves outreach to members of the community and developing relationships with past, and possible future, donors.
* The new fundraising chair will work with the ED to develop a subscription based donation system wherein donors can choose to support SMP on an ongoing monthly basis.
Board directors are fully informed on organizational matters and participate in the board’s deliberations and decisions in the matters of policy, finance, programs, personnel and advocacy, including:
1. Approve, where appropriate, policy and other recommendations received from the board, its standing committees and staff.
2. Monitor all board policies.
3. Review the bylaws recommend bylaw changes as appropriate.
4. Review the board’s structure, approve changes, and prepare necessary bylaw amendments.
5. Participate in the development of SMP’s organizational plan and annual review.
6. Approve the annual budget.
7. Approve hiring and release of staff and develop appropriate job descriptions and contracts for staff.
8. Assist in developing and maintaining positive relations among the board, committees, staff members and the community to enhance SMP’s ability to achieve its goals.
9. Be a public voice and advocate for SMP.
How to apply:
The nominating committee invites expressions of interest (max. one page) and resume/CV from members of our community to serve on the SMP board of directors. The nominating committee, in consultation with the board and staff, will evaluate applications and invite successful applicants to the SGM for a formal vote from our membership.
Please send your applications to SMP’s current Chair, Andrew Testa, at email@example.com. Potential applicants are invited to contact the SMP Chair in advance of submitting their applications if they have any questions regarding SMP and/or board member requirements and duties. The deadline for nominations is July 31st 2020. Individual roles will be assigned and voted on at that board meeting.
SMP is committed to accommodating applicants with barriers to the recruitment procedures outlined above. The cover letter can be submitted via video, audio recording or in a phone/video chat but a cv is still required. Please notify us if you require accommodation in respect to the materials or procedures used at any time during this process, and we will work with you to determine how to meet your needs.