Artists at all stages of their career can rent studio time at St. Michael’s Printshop. Typically, artists will have experience and training in at least one form of printmaking if they are going to rent at SMP. For first-time renters of the printshop we offer a technical orientation and tour of the printshop, to help get you settled in. And you can ask staff during their office hours for help at any time.
In order to rent studio time at SMP, you must first purchase a 1 year membership for $30. Click here if you would like to purchase your membership right now by credit card.
For a virtual look at our facilities, which are fully equipped for lithography, intaglio, relief, and screen printing, click here.
Printshop Rental Rates and Fees:
- Day Rental $30
- Week Rental $140
- Month Rental $220
- 6 Month Rental $650
- 1 Year Rental $1200
Printshop Special Rates:
- 10 Day Pass $160
- Weekend Rental $50
- Group rental $20 per person
- Mentor Night $20 per person
- A 15% discount will be applied to rental rates for approved BFA and MFA program graduates for the first year of rent immediately following graduation. Proof of graduation date will be required.
- All artists must become a member of St.Michael’s in order to use the studio.
- Personal storage space is available to yearlong renters only.
- Rental rates include materials surcharge: black and white inks, rags, solvents and chemistries.
- Artists are responsible for their own plates, paper, coloured inks, drawing materials etc.
- All rates are subject to HST.