St. Michael’s Printshop has a white-walled gallery space next to its studio space. The Gallery is available for SMP members who wish to self-organize events and exhibitions in the space. Perhaps you want to organize a pop-up exhibition/sale of prints you and some friends recently made, or maybe you want to throw up some art on white walls and document it in a gallery setting. There are many reasons one would need the use of a gallery and St. Michael’s Printshop would like to help you facilitate that!
Here are some guidelines/rules for using the gallery space:
- It is free to use the gallery except for specific circumstances*
- We do not pay CARFAC fees for exhibitions since these would be non-juried/self-organized**
- The gallery has two walls that can be used for hanging artworks
- All gallery-use proposals must be negotiated with the Programming Committee of the printshop, starting with filling out the form below
- Gallery use is only for current members of SMP
- You must leave the gallery the way you found it – ie. clean up any mess made, patch holes on the wall (we provide the tools for that)
- Make sure your membership is up to date before booking the gallery space, you can do that here.
*A fee is negotiated for sale events on a case-by-case basis
**we are working towards eventually having juried shows in our gallery which would pay CARFAC fees
Fill out the form below if you would like to use the gallery space
You may also email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions before submitting a gallery use proposal.