Complete applications must be submitted by 11:59 on September 15, 2020.
Each year St. Michael’s Printshop invites applications from international, national and provincial artists who wish to come and work at the Printshop for a one-month period. A total of six residencies are offered during the year (April 2021 – November 2021).
In order to be considered for the Visiting Artist program, interested artists must submit the following:
The following support materials are part of the online application form, we recommend compiling and editing this information in a word processor and then copying and pasting into the form fields when you are ready to submit everything.
- Artist Bio (150 words max)
- Summary (75 words max) – please provide a clear and concise overview of your project
- A detailed project proposal (250 words max) that includes the following:
- A project description explaining what you plan to make and the creative direction or goals you have for the project
- Print medium(s) and materials you intend to work with
- Significance to your creative practice/career – how this project will support your development as an artist
- How you propose to engage with the SMP and NL arts communities
- Artist Statement (250 words max)
- 1-2 workshop proposals (250 words max)
- preferably beginner-friendly workshops
- Artist’s CV (3 pages max) – an updated resume that confirms a professional arts practice. Please include contact information: email, phone number, address, province of residence
- Image list (include title, medium, size, year made)
- 12 Support images maximum
- Image Submission Requirements:
- Up to 12 support images maximum, each file formatted at 72dpi, 1mb each, jpeg format
- please label your files numerically to correspond with your image list and use the following format: 00_Lastname_Title_year
- For video support materials include a separate PDF with a video link
- Clips can be no longer than 5 minutes max
- specify the start/end times for the clip you’d like watched
- Video links will count as one of your support images
Completed application submitted via the official SMP Visiting Artist Program Google Form found here.
The deadline to apply is by 11:59 pm on September 15, 2020
All submissions will be juried by the SMP programming committee and notifications will be sent out within 8 weeks of the deadline.
All applicants will be notified of the outcome.