St. Michael’s Printshop and Eastern Edge Gallery are partnering to offer an Artist-Run Art Fair
Date: August 23rd, 2020
Location: The parking lots surrounding Eastern Edge Gallery and St. Michael’s Printshop
Entrance: All participants and visitors must enter through the parking lot that is on Clift’s Baird’s Cove Road (which intersects Water St. and Harbour Drive).
Come to our Artist-Run Art fair: meet some seriously talented artists, buy something for yourself or a friend, support local, and support artist-run culture! The Artist-Run Art Fair is a chance for artists to display and sell their own work in a safe (physically distanced) environment. SMP and EE will be selling their own wares and merch as well as Art=Work t-shirts and hats for the Mary McDonald Foundation .
COVID-19 Protocols: Everyone is required to wear a mask at this event (unless certain health conditions prevent you from wearing one). Masks will be provided at the entrance of the event if you don’t have a mask already. Upon entering the event, visitors will be asked three self-health evaluation questions and be requested to sanitize their hands at the sanitization booth. Instructions from staff/volunteers as well as markings on the ground will help visitors navigate the event safely, keeping 2m apart from others.
Guidelines for participating artists:
- Artists are in charge of how they set up their table. One table per artist (or collective/collaboration). Tables are approximately 2.5′ x 6′. There will be a chair provided as well and both the table and chair will be freshly disinfected on the morning of the event.
- There is no cost for a table.
- Artists will handle their own sales. We suggest you have a float/cash box, and some sort of digital means of conducting sales (ie. Square, PayPal, e-transfer, etc.)
- Be mindful this is an outdoor event, (ie. bring masking tape should you need to tack artworks to the table if it’s windy).
- Masks are mandatory (unless health conditions prevent you from wearing one), if you do not have a mask we can provide you one. There will be hand sanitizer at the event, but feel free to also bring your own to have at your table.
The event will be postponed if there is rain.