Eric Euler | Technical Director & Master Printer
Eric Euler is an artist, educator, master printer, and cultural worker. His professional art practice balances the use of printmaking, painting, installation, graphic design, and community art practices to activate themes as diverse as regional identity, popular culture, social satire, and Jungian psychology. His most recent expressive series of prints uses personal and mythological visual vocabularies to explore the complexities of toxic masculinity, mental health, and self care.
Following the successful completion of his MFA at Louisiana State University in 2015 and the professional printer training program at Tamarind Institute in 2016 he returned to his hometown of North Bay, Ontario.
Since 2017 he has had four solo exhibitions, acted as chair for the artist-run centre White Water Gallery, lectured at numerous universities and printshops around Ontario, and has been the successful recipient of grants from both The Ontario Arts Council and Canada Council for the Arts. In May 2018 he visited St. Michael’s Printshop as artist in residence and is elated to be currently providing leadership as Technical Director and Master Printer.
Megan Wells | Don Wright Scholar | Shop Assistant
- Vice Chair
St. Michael’s Printshop (SMP) is currently seeking board members to serve a two-year volunteer term (renewable) who will bring dedication, energy, and experience to the organization. We are seeking folks with a broad range of knowledge and skills, including accounting, fundraising and development, human resources, communications and marketing, and who have a strong interest in printmaking practices. We especially welcome applications from artists at all stages of their careers, writers, curators, cultural workers and those with previous board experience.
SMP values diversity and inclusivity in our communities. We highly encourage applications from visible minority group members, Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, persons of minority sexual orientations and gender identities and others with the skills and knowledge to productively engage with diverse communities.
- An interest in printmaking, visual art, and commitment to the work of the organization
- Willingness to serve on committees
- Attendance at monthly board meetings, committee meetings
- Support of, and participation in, SMP activities (fundraising, programming activities, etc.)
- Ability to contribute specific skills and attributes in one or more areas of board governance
- Lead all board meetings
- See that all orders and resolutions of the board of directors are carried into effect
- Meet regularly with executive director to ensure business affairs are running smoothly
VICE CHAIR RESPONSIBILITIES
- In the absence of the Chair, perform the duties of the Chair
- Help SMP staff with keeping full and accurate accounts of all assets, liabilities, receipts and disbursements of the Printshop
- Meet regularly with the executive director to ensure financials are in order
- Gain a full understanding of SMP’s finances and give financial reports at board meetings and provide a statement of the financial position of SMP at Annual General Meetings or Special General Meetings
Board directors are fully informed on organizational matters and participate in the board’s deliberations and decisions in the matters of policy, finance, programs, personnel and advocacy, including:
- Approve, where appropriate, policy and other recommendations received from the board, its standing committees and staff
- Monitor all board policies
- Review the bylaws recommend bylaw changes as appropriate
- Review the board’s structure, approve changes, and prepare necessary bylaw amendments
- Participate in the development of SMP’s organizational plan and annual review
- Approve the annual budget
- Approve hiring and release of staff and develop appropriate job descriptions and contracts for staff
- Assist in developing and maintaining positive relations among the board, committees, staff members and the community to enhance SMP’s ability to achieve its goals.
- Be a public voice and advocate for SMP
If you feel like SMP might be a good fit for you, please send a statement of interest (max. one page) and resume/CV to SMP’s current chair April White, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Potential applicants are invited to contact the SMP Chair in advance of submitting their applications if they have any questions regarding SMP and/or board member requirements and duties. The deadline for nominations is July 22nd, 2019. Nominations will be evaluated by the current board and staff and successful applicants will be invited to a board meeting where they will be voted onto the board and ratified. Chair, Vice Chair, and Treasurer roles will be assigned and voted on at that board meeting.
SMP is committed to accommodating applicants with barriers to the recruitment procedures outlined above. Please notify us if you require accommodation in respect to the materials or procedures used at any time during this process, and we will work with you to determine how to meet your needs.
2019 Board of Directors
Role: Graphic Designer
Role: Programming Committee
Role: West Coast Representative